5 Reasons Your Business Should Shift to a Virtual Workspace
There has been a marked change of late towards doing business remotely and, by default, an increase in virtual workspaces. It seems that almost every month there’s a new advancement in technology to increase workplace processes and efficiencies in order to help employees perform their best, no matter where they choose to work. For many employees that’s now from the comfort of their home offices.
In fact, the number of remote employees is on the rise and is expected to continue growing. “A survey by the Global Workplace Analytics and FlexJobs found that remote work has grown 91% over the last 10 years, and various research has concluded that by 2020, half of us will be working remotely in some form,” FastCompany recently reported.
Many businesses recognize this and have already started to implement remote work opportunities as part of their company culture to allow employees to have a more flexible work/life balance and the chance to structure their day outside of the traditional nine to five. This shift also allows businesses to accommodate contract or freelance workers when needed and save on costs for office space, travel, meetings, and other overhead expenses.
Your office, like ours, may rely entirely on telecommunication. Or perhaps you already offer employees remote days once or twice a week. Maybe you’re not convinced working remotely is the right move for your business. Regardless of your current remote applications, there is no doubt that there are significant advantages to virtual workspaces. At C’MON GO, we’ve experienced these benefits firsthand. In fact, these benefits help us to continue to thrive while allowing us to pass savings along to our customers.
5 Benefits of Virtual Workspaces
- Critical cost savings. No big surprise here; having limited to no central office space significantly cuts down on the cost of operating a building space every day. Instead of spending thousands of dollars on rent, maintenance or expensive servers and Internet, you can connect your employees to a secure, remote data center instead, and use smart tools to collaborate and communicate.
- Encourage and enhance collaboration. Cloud-based collaboration tools allow your team to work smarter on everything from project management tasks to file sharing to quick messaging. Specific collaborator tools like Slack, Facebook Workplace, Trello, Teamwork and the full suite of Google applications like Drive and Hangouts allow your team to communicate and work on projects all in one place without the office interruptions.
- Leverage top-notch technology. There are more advanced tools than ever to help businesses stay on top of their objectives and do everything from lead virtual meetings with potential clients and fellow coworkers through apps like Zoom, to create and host videos, webinars, and podcasts. The ability to connect from almost any device allows employees to make changes on the go while traveling or networking.
- Promote productivity. Although it’s easy to argue that there are more opportunities for distraction with remote work, we’d argue that there are just as many distractions in an office with ringing telephones, constant conversations, interruptions, visitors and more. In the comfort of a remote environment employees are empowered to work where they’re more relaxed while staying connected to fellow coworkers and clients.
- Expand your virtual network. With a central office location, the geography may be limited in terms of physically meeting with potential clients, fellow collaborators or other sales leads. From a remote workspace, you can meet with anyone, anytime, from anywhere in the world.