Bringing More Visitors to your Website Series: PART 2 - What makes content shareable?
What makes content shareable?
- Content is of a positive nature
- People like to share articles that elicit “awe” reaction
- It can be used as a way to establish an emotional connection with others
- People share content on topics that define who they are and what their beliefs are
- It evokes emotional stimuli, whether positive or controversial
To write winning content you must know your target audience, what do they currently think or do in relation to what you wish to communicate/sell on your website? What do you want them to think or do? What's in it for them? And, lastly, why should they believe you?
- Compelling headlines/subheadlines, follow the ABCs of headline writing that is attention, benefit, creativity. Your headline should capture attention, communicate a benefit and be creative.
- Note that 50% of your time copywriting should be spent on your headlines alone. Let’s be frank if your customer doesn’t get past your headline it doesn’t
matter how good the rest of the text or web content is.
- Short paragraphs with straight-to-the-point sentences. Your first sentence should peak your customer’s interest by acknowledging a pain or want, then
move towards creating desire by stating facts about your products or services.
- Make the information easy to absorb by using lists, bullets, numbered lists, checklists, etc.
- Remember a picture says 1000 words. choose powerful visuals. Make appropriate font choices that are easy to read.
- Blog Posts
- Guest Blog Posts
- Social Media Posts
Sources: Association for Psychological Science, journalofadvertisingresearch.com