More and more people are doing their shopping online in light of the Covid-19 pandemic. As a Milton-area entrepreneur or small business owner, you may find yourself being out-competed by large businesses and box stores. Don’t worry if your competitors have already invested in an online presence and seem better able to cater to online customers. There’s still time to level the playing field! At CmonGo Creative, we help Milton businesses quickly create a competitive online presence and website.
First, Recognize the Shift in Shopping Behavior
Although some households are shopping less because of financial difficulties, there is an overall shift towards online shopping. According to research from RAND, one quarter of households are shopping more online than before the pandemic. It is important to understand this change and meet your customers where they are, especially as lock-down orders continue. It’s also wise to prepare for the possibility that your customers will continue to prefer shopping online after restrictions have lifted, as they have developed habits or have realized the convenience of online shopping.
Use the Right Tools
The obvious solution to your customer’s shifting purchasing habits is to build a website, but this can be complicated to do yourself, especially in a way that is SEO-friendly and can actually contend with your larger competitors. Most of the Milton businesses we’ve helped during the pandemic are operating on limited budgets, as COVID restrictions have cut into their bottom line. However, it’s critical that you don’t cut corners or attempt a DIY website because improper website structure or a bad design can be worse than not entering the online market at all.
So, what can you do?
At CmonGo Creative, we suggest Presence Builder to our DIY customers who are looking for a highly intuitive tool that’s simple to use and cost-effective. Design, coding, and SEO-skills are not necessary! You simply select the elements that you want for your business and drag and drop them onto the design, so that you can independently make modifications to your website at any time.
Presence Builder is SEO-friendly and ensures that your website looks great across devices, including mobile, desktop and tablet. You don’t need any design experience to add or remove content from your website or online store. All you need is access to one of these browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Why We Recommend Presence Builder
Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this tool. We recommend it because it is both simple and powerful. Small businesses, contractors, and retailers, can choose from a range of useful website features, including:
- Maps: Do you service Milton, Georgetown, Campbellville, Oakville, and Burlington? Add a map to show your customers your service area so they can quickly assess whether or not you can serve them.
- Photo galleries: Photos are a powerful way to show off your work, your products, your customers and your community spirit, but many business owners are hesitant to add recent images to their websites because they’re not sure of the correct size or resolution. With Presence Builder’s photo galleries all you need is a captivating image, and the tool takes care of the rest.
- Social media widgets: It’s smart to connect your website with your Facebook or Instagram page to solidify your online marketing strategy.
- Contact forms: Adding a contact form so that potential customers can reach you is simple with Presence Builder. You can even use contact forms to encourage customers to subscribe to a newsletter, promotions, and more.
- Appointment scheduling: Skip the contact form and let customers book you directly through your website to save time and make working with you more convenient.
- Buttons: Adding CTA buttons across your site can help make it more successful at converting customers.
Not sure where to start? Or, are you in need of even more digital marketing strategies to compete? CmonGo Creative specializes in helping Milton area businesses with their digital marketing needs, so that you can adjust to your changing customers and remain competitive. Give us a call to learn more about the powerful tools we’re equipping Milton businesses with.